NEW ZEALAND'S FIRST SUSTAINABLE BARBERSHOP.
As New Zealand’s first sustainable barbershop, we’re proud to partner with Sustainable Salons and Davines.
Our friendship with Davines has grown from a common passion. We made the conscious decision to use Davines exclusively for our hair and scalp care, because we believe in what they do, that much.
- Awarded ‘Best in the World for the Environment’ for the second year in a row by the B Corporation.
- B Corp Companies are activists that reach the highest verified standards in the world in terms of social, environmental and economic standards.
- As of 2018, 100% of Davines products have carbon neutral packaging and all Davines offices and subsidiaries run carbon neutral offices.
- 80% of all ingredients are organic, natural or naturally-derived Formulations are highly-biodegradable, and free from parabens, sulphates and PPD. All packaging is recycled, recyclable, reusable and/or biodegradable
Our partnership with Sustainable Salons New Zealand means a minimum of 95% of resources from Gentlemen’s Approach are repurposed to benefit the environment and give back to our community.
- Excess chemicals are sent to a chemical recycling plant where they are neutralized and turned into recycled water that is used in roadworks and construction.
- Metals, paper, aluminium, foil, colour tubes, magazines, razor blades, used tools and select disposables are sold for recycling. The proceeds are donated to Kiwi Harvest and OzHarvest to provide meals for disadvantaged people.
- Hair clippings are stuffed into stockings to make hair booms that will clean up oil spills along our coastlines.
- Plastic packaging is sent to plastic recyclers where it is cleaned and turned into outdoor furniture and new product packaging.
- Sustainable Salons depot employs people with special needs that love their job of protecting our environment.